Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Salsa (Jeni's Variation)

From Lexi Majoue

7 cans (14.5 oz each) stewed tomatoes (I like Mexican Style if you can find it, but the regular is okay too)
1 can El Pato sauce (yellow can in Mexican aisle)
1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
5 bunches of green onions
1 bunch cilantro
3 jalepeno peppers
course salt
fresh ground pepper
garlic powder

Chop onions, cilantro, and peppers (I used my food processor...for mild, remove all seeds and ribs from peppers, for medium include seeds and ribs from two peppers, for hot include all seeds and ribs)

Combine all ingredients. Use salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Run entire mixture through a blender until desired consistency.

Makes ONE GALLON of salsa. Give some away to friends. Or, eat it all up (trust me, this stuff goes FAST).

It tastes even better after it's been sitting in your fridge for a day or so:)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm going to try a version of this tonight:). What a great idea to have a recipe blog...I started a gmail email but its hard to find every time and keep up with! This is great. We miss you guys. Hope you are doing well up north:).